Printing jobs are mostly found in printing presses. Today, printing jobs are very influential and the strongest source of news all over the world just behind the print media. Printing jobs are also very significant in our everyday lives and it is a lucrative job that made small and prominent companies thrive to prominence. Even small companies can greatly stand out because of the satisfaction it offers to investors and customers all over the world. Excellent marketing will also help the printing business thrive. According to many internet websites, people nowadays are gradually becoming interested in printing jobs and careers as the printing technologies became strong and advanced but the line of work differs depending on the type of company that uses the equipment. Screen printing job opportunities are for anybody who aggressively, efficiently, and diligently wants to work as screen printer maintenance, screen printer trainee, a senior in screen printing, and mostly a demanding job, or being a screen printing manager. These kinds of jobs are lucrative and can give great benefits and earnings for the future.
Screen printing is mostly used by companies in creating T-shirts, posters, or other simple images which can also be print embroidered on other garments. They normally use computer programs so if you have a fashion designing background this work is for you. Attending a visual art design school will definitely enhance your portfolio and will give you an edge over other applicants. Operating the printing machines does not need special training but if you want to qualify for the job you should have a high school diploma and you should be able to follow instructions, and know how to pay attention to your work. But, if you have educational background in any of the printing industry field, you will be more prepared to meet the operating challenges related to this job.
If you want to find job opportunities as a printer, you have to follow these steps:
- You have to decide which area you want to be relocated for the job as most of these printing jobs are located in the Midwest. You also have to determine the type of printing job you are suitable as there are different positions available. You might want to work in the customer service department, receiving and shipping, design, printing machine operator, or sales representative.
- In your cover letter, you have to specify which type of job you are applying for and are sure to update your resume and detail your experience in the industry with your references.
- Be familiar with the work of industry professionals because you will need them during interviews. Try to subscribe to magazines related to printing services.
- Search for available printing jobs online and check if your qualifications match their requirements.
- Narrow down your search based on the location of the printing companies you plan to apply. Try to visit as many web pages as you can and research about the company you are applying for to ensure that their corporate values match your interests.
- Make a list of 20 possible printing companies and find out as much information about the job openings, their requirements, as well as their application process by calling each one of them.
- Edit your resume and be sure to write a cover letter specifying the type of job you are applying for to give the hiring manager an idea of whether you are the best candidate for this job. Submit it to printing companies online or mail it to their physical address via FedEx directly to their human resources department so that your application will stand out. If you make that extra effort, the hiring manager will definitely notice your resume and schedule you for an interview.