R & D Chemist (UV Curable Offset Inks)
4 hours ago
(8/9/2018 1:08 PM)
Research & Development - Other
willing to consider a new graduate
Shift (1st - 2nd - 3rd) and Time
1st shift days
Regular or Temporary
Full-Time or Part-Time
Welcome to INX International, your home for performance-proven ink and coating products to match your print application and process. A global supplier as part of Sakata INX, a $1.3 billion company, INX International has more than 15 plants in the U.S. and Canada, and over 50 locations worldwide, on four continents. Among North America’s top three ink providers, only INX focuses solely on formulations for printing, from basic chemistries through finished product. We also provide advanced, environmentally-conscious ink systems and services for digital printing operations.
INX is a stable manufacturing company whose average employee has been here over 13.5 years. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), and more.
We are seeking a Research & Development Chemist for UV Curable Offset inks. The position will work out of our West Chicago facility, which is going through a major renovation and doubling in size. The expansion is due to growth and because we recently moved our Digital lab from California to West Chicago. Our Chemists will enjoy a new office space and new lab equipment!
Why you will love working at INX:
Our R & D has a strong knowledge base.
33% of our Chemists have over 15 years of experience.
INX has cutting-edge innovation and technology.
Autonomous work environment
• Develop new technology Energy Curable (EC) products
• Troubleshoot problems with existing technologies and customer challenges
• Provide technical service support
• Develop understanding of various industry and government regulations in regards to EC products
• Analyze materials
• Attend industry events to gain a better understanding of market trends
Qualifications (Skills - Education - Experience)
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or equivalent degree
• Willing to consider a new graduate
• Strong math and science skills
Proficient with record-keeping
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
• Ability to interpret data and draw effective conclusions
Previous experience within the Ink Industry is preferred.
Additional Qualifications Requested or Helpful:
• Polymer Science background
• SAP knowledge
rong ability to interpret color
We require a post offer pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check. Equal Opportunity Employer - disability/veteran