Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
The purpose of this position is to facilitate jobs in the execution phase of our Client's artwork and pre-press process for packaging production. As a key facilitator within the supply chain for packaging artwork issues, you will communicate with design firms, printers, engravers, On-Site Personnel /Sales and Clients to ensure proper printability for packaging. As a key figure within the process, you will help maintain and improve Southern Graphic's relationship with the Client. Your primary concern will be to coordinate packaging production via job instructions and schedules to complete jobs. Within SGS, you will effectively communicate specifications for each piece of packaging artwork on your brands by utilizing our order entry system as well as being a resource for production departments when issues or questions arise. The Project Manager is the primary resource to the On-Site Personnel and Sales, and the key point of contact to the Production Department at SGS.
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
Client/Supply Chain Interaction
* Consult with On-Site Personnel and/or Client during the artwork development and pre-press execution.
* Attend any pre-production meetings (or other meetings), when feasible, per On-Site Personnel's/Sales request or request of the Client.
* Respond in a timely manner to Clients.
* Establish a good and professional working relationship with our Client(s) and design firm(s), engravers and printers.
* Communicate artwork issues with the Client/On-Site Personnel /Sales/Printer.
* Communicate minor issues direct with design firms. If timing is impacted, contact Client/On-Site Personnel/Sales.
* Respond in a timely fashion to requests of Client/On-Site Personnel /Sales and others
* Document all critical and pertinent information that may impact quality
* Participate in process improvement efforts and various production meetings to foster a positive creative impact on the business.
* Gather, coordinate and communicate job-related information to production
* Verify technical supplied data is correct to supplied art
* Schedule and see that deadlines are being met on all aspects of the project
* Review PDFs for questions/comments
* Troubleshooting and problem solving with the plant
* Shipping - print tools and tracking when necessary
* Job bags-Creation, organizing and storing
* Communicate received and shipped art to On-Site Personnel/Sales and perform user functionality in a Client's database used for tracking artwork projects.
* Understand the Client's process (deliverables, rework)
* Communicate any and all issues to Management ASAP
* Order entry (insure orders are complete and concise when delivered to production)
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
This position requires the following knowledge and skills:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some College/Associate's Degree preferred
* 1-3 years' experience preferred
* Previous experience as a CSR in the print industry preferred
* Experience in the design, print or production art industry
* Full comprehension in reading work instructions and business memos.
* Proofreading skills required.
* Ability to work independently after initial training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.,
We are one of the largest flexo plate makers in the world, producing over 3 million square feet of flexo plates annually, and are the recognized leader in advanced flexo plate technologies. We are also North America’s leading supplier of gravure cylinders, delivering over 80,000 cylinders annually.