Transfer Press Operator
Transfer Press Operator
Client : Manufacturing client
Role: Transfer Press Operator
Location : Plymouth, MI
Operators will set up and operate Transfer Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. The operator will operate a machine which creates quality parts stamped out from steel coil. The operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping press maintained, checking parts with calipers, and tools, setting up, loading and adjusting coil to produce parts to customer specification.
Our client offers a competitive wage, solid opportunity, and a career path to success. They offer comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401 (k) program, and free membership to local gym.
• High School Diploma or GED
• One to five years of related Transfer Press experience and or training.
• Welding, Laser Cutting, Plasma Cutting, and or Water Jet Cutting background also a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Also, additional job duties may be assigned.
• Inspects and measures machined work pieces to verify conformances to specifications.
• Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
• Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, welding symbols, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
• Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
• Working safely as a condition of employment.