Little Rapids Corporation
BASIC POSITION OBJECTIVE STATEMENT:
Safely, efficiently and effectively operate assigned machines when directed, meeting and exceeding desired run speeds with requested print quality standards, machine setup and machine trouble shooting, be accountable for finished product and maintain low levels of waste.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that each and every Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts to include Kaizen, 5s, TPM and other continuous improvement efforts, as required for this position. This includes activities to this specific position/department, as well company-wide initiatives in other areas of the organization.
· Obtain all necessary set up information/ specifications/ guidelines. Complete all machine changeover/setup processes to minimize machine downtime and meeting or exceeding set up standard requirements.
· Safely operate assigned machine, monitor quality, production and waste; adjusting to customer specifications/demands, direct associates to job responsibilities to ensure safe operations.
· Ensure product meets the quality requirements set by your Supervisor/ Manager.
· Back-up for Press Operator and provide leadership for assistant assigned to your work center
· Pre-plan next job before completion of current job.
· Identify and react to production problems (safety, quality, shortage of raw materials, out of spec raw materials and inventory issues).
· Perform machine clean- ups as required. Maintain a clean, organized, “set in order” and “shine” environment in the work areas. Clean hoses, drip pans decks and related equipment during changeovers
· Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions as required ( safety, quality, production, informational, continuous improvement, and others) as required
· Trouble shoot machine problems and determine which problems need to escalate to maintenance and/or Supervisors
· Willingness and flexibility to work a variety of shifts that involve all days of the week as needed. This includes ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as determined by the customer demands
· All other assignments assigned by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the \essential functions\ for purposes of the ADA.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language. (Such as machine operations instructions, safety instructions).
· Mechanical aptitude and experience to use basic tools including wrenches, hammers, utility knives, screwdrivers, and measuring devices in the rules and scales, etc. used in manufacturing environment.
· Forklift and clamp truck experience preferred.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a flexographic packaging environment and press operations.
· Experience in warehousing/shipping environments is helpful.
· Experience in quality management systems (FDA, ISO, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, etc.) is helpful.
· Ability to run narrow/wide web.
· Ability to run water base/solvent inks.
· Ability to run multiple substrates.
· Printing capabilities of 1-10 color / surface and reverse print experience.
· Ability to perform basic computer operations such as email, data entry, navigation skills within system and desktop, etc. Experience and ability to operate computer key board
· Ability to effectively communicate.
· Ability to work independently, follow instructions and be self-motivated.
· Ability to work as an effective team member.
· Ability to work 12 hour shifts and overtime.
· Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written communication skills).
· Threading machine.
· Setup for cylinders/plates/sleeves and anilox rolls.
· Understanding of inks, Amines, and PH additives. Ink mixing and adjusting.
· Mathematical skills necessary to compute percentages, weights, and to measure and calculate the amount of ink and paper needed to run the order.
· Ability to perform basic computer operations such as email, data entry, navigation skills within system and desktop, etc. Experience and ability to operate computer key board.
· Willingness to cross train.
Little Rapids Corporation