Epson America Inc
External Job Description
Who is Epson?
Encouraging the exchange of ideas, Epson is an exciting and progressive place to work, fostering an entrepreneurial spirit, which empowers individuals to have a direct impact. A commitment to world-class engineering and marketing makes Epson a technology leader in digital solutions which facilitate productivity and personal creativity. Committed to our environment, the organization is dedicated to linking ecology with economy, serving the world by leading eco-conscious initiatives.
The primary focus of this position is pre and post-sales support for Epson's commercial and industrial printer product lines.
* At least 10 years in a similar role with management experience in the printing industry managing and supporting commercial and industrial printing products.
* Extensive experience is required with copier type commercial printing, MPS (managed print services), large format inkjet solvent and textile printing and digital color label printing.
* Prior people management experience with proven ability to lead and motivate teams within a matrix organization
* Results driven, team builder with strong communications skills and relationship management skills
* Detail oriented and highly organized with outstanding follow-through skills
* Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S) or equivalent work experience
* Ability to travel 25%
* New service programs creation, implementation and management in these applicable commercial and industrial product fields is a major plus.
* Experience in Consumer Products and Technology industries strongly preferred
What you will be responsible for:
Pre-Launch and Post-Launch Advanced Product Support
* Manages market testing and quality assurance projects
* Ensures key components of service release are executed
* Collaborates in the development and launch of competitive warranty and service contract programs with Marketing, Sales and Legal.
* Manages the analysis of post-launch data to ensure product improvement of current and existing product costs.
* Reviews and distributes market quality data, and prepares ad-hoc reporting and analysis
Relationship and Department Management
* Responsible for hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing personnel
* Provides coaching and mentoring to team members and builds strong relationships with peers and Senior Managers
* Operates within budgetary constraints, participates in the development of annual budget forecasts
* Develops and maintains written departmental standards and procedures.
Field Service Management:
* Manages the relationship on assigned product lines and Epson authorized third party service providers
* Establishes policy and reviews criteria for whole unit exchange for assigned products
* Negotiates contracts and manages national third party service providers for nationwide service
Epson America Inc